AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Laura Van Dolsen

Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain Empty Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:47 pm
"God reveals to us the purposes that He is working out, not that we may be passive spectators on the sidelines of history, but that we may personally identify ourselves with His purposes, and thus become actively involved in their fulfillment. Revelation demands involvement."

This quote really struck me as something that is so obvious in that it is in the character of God, but it could so easily be missed. When I really need a revelation I am moved to fast and pray, but when I get that revelation I am ready to sit back and watch, like Mark said, and be ready and waiting to praise him when I see the revelation come to pass. But God's purposes are always many-fold and I think the work he is doing in us will not be complete if we aren't participating in what He is doing around us through prayer and fasting.
kirstenbuck

Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain Empty Re: Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 am
Your post made me think of times when we pray for someone, and God prompts us to be part of the answer to our prayer. It's like God is saying, "Ok, I'll do this, you come do this with me." Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum