AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain Empty Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:28 pm
Wallis' book is indeed a classic. I chose it because I wanted to encouratge all of us in the hurculean task we all have of beliving for revival, breakthough, the miraculous and a harvest of souls - that this fast can have more than just an effect on our personal lives and families. But it can also greatly infleunce our churches, cities and nations. Wallis said "It will take united Prayer and fasting to precipitate the final fullness of the latter rain". This is where this "call" to corporate fasting can have a grater role in where we have influence. I pray that many of us and other leaders in our specific contexts in Europe, will catch of a vision of the power of calling for a corporate fast to see breakthrouh and revival come

I have to ask myself, what about personal prophetic words or prophetic words has the Spirit spoken over our nations or cities? I have in the past had more of a "wait and see" attitude instead of a "roll up my sleeves and get to work in prayer" over calling on God for the fulfillment of what he promised. If I promise Emma that we will take her on the trip of a lifetime, and she is jut lowkey and casual about it only because she is not in a position to make it happen, it doesn't please y heart as much as if I saw her asking planing, asking ome more anticipating and getting anxious for this promised trip.

Our pastors came from the US 6 years ago and prophesied things over our ministry that came to pass in detail. THey wee just here again this summer and God spoke through them the word "Access" - that God was going to give us an dour community unprecedented access. But I don't think I have been praying and fasting about that to be fulfilled - but I think I should.
Curt Hobbs

Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain Empty Re: Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm
Is this book by Derek Prince or Arthur Wallis? I'm confused. I think it's the same book, but I had to double check because when I clicked on the excerpt, it said Derek Prince. I know I've read it before.
We've had several things prophesied over us, too, and I don't feel like we've seen them come to pass. Maybe prayer and fasting is what we need, too.
By the way, this is Sara - it might post under Curt's name because he's logged on, but we only have one laptop and it's much easier to use this forum on a computer than my iPad. That being said, I don't think this forum is very user friendly. It may be worth looking into something else for the future. Is AGEurope just using this, or did you (Mark) find it? If they use forums for more than just this beta group, it would be worth having someone research.
Warren Van Dolsen

Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain Empty Re: Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:36 pm
I'm a little confused as well as to who wrote the book, but the PDF had Prince as the author.
I had never put together the fact that Daniel's prayer and fasting was so directly related to the return from exile. I liked his point that Daniel didn't quit praying when he figured out that the 70 years were almost over and God was going to free them anyway. Instead, it was motivation to pray even harder.
I agree Mark, between this reading and Piper yesterday talking about the church at Antioch, the necessity to join others in praying and fasting for Europe, our countries, and cities.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

Fasting Prepares for God's Latter Rain Empty Sorry for the confusion on the author

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:17 pm
Yes sorry I kept referring to Arthur Wallis as the author when it is Derek Prince. I had considered using excertps from Wallis' book and then had him in mind when I was refering to the book. Sorry about that. Juat chalk it up to fasting and a waek brain! Haha!
Curt Hobbs

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm
Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum