AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kirstenbuck

Day 4 Fasting Prepares for God's latter rain Empty Day 4 Fasting Prepares for God's latter rain

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:24 pm
Daniel's prayer for God's promise reminded me of how Lila Terhune exhorts intercessors to pray "Third Heaven Prayers". Some scholars consider the first heaven to be the sky/ atmosphere, the second heaven to be the cosmos, and the third heaven (mentioned by Paul) to be the dwelling place of our God. Therefore, first heaven prayers are for the things we see with our eyes - those around us, spoken needs, prayer request lists... Second heaven prayers are for spiritual conflicts - this would be spiritual mapping, spiritual warfare... Third heaven prayers are those we hear from the Throne room, the King telling us His plans, and we join with Him and pray it. This way, we know we are praying His will, and we know we will have what we ask. When we ask Him to do what He already wants to do, when we ask Him for what He wants us to ask for, we will have it.

The trouble is, then - getting myself quiet enough to hear what He is saying. THAT is the difficulty, for which I need His grace and mercy.
Dalene Good

Day 4 Fasting Prepares for God's latter rain Empty Re: Day 4 Fasting Prepares for God's latter rain

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:00 pm
For me, the it takes time to quiet myself and find Him. He keeps nudging me through this fast that I don't need to rush....take time. Giving Him me, is giving Him my time and attention...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum