AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sara Hobbs

Zane Anderson sermon Empty Zane Anderson sermon

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm
I think the thing that struck me the most in this sermon was the point that your greatest obstacle this year is your flesh. Ouch! Truth hurts. Fasting is a great way to die to flesh. It isn’t easy, but I don’t suppose dying to flesh is ever easy. I also took to home his point about fasting for your kids. Now that they are on their own, sometimes it feels like all I can do is pray. But prayer with fasting might just be more effective.
edwardbuck

Zane Anderson sermon Empty Re: Zane Anderson sermon

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm
I agree about the dying to flesh part. I know that I knew this, but this message really brought home the idea of dying to ourselves, so that we are in a better position to hear from God. (i.e. there is less of us in the way).
Warren Van Dolsen

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 pm
Yes Sara, what spoke to me most also was about fasting for our kids. I've prayed for them a lot during their lives, but not really fasted. I remember Dalene mentioning this on the goto yesterday as well, that their daughter was a main motive of their fast this week.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum