AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dalene Good

Day 3 - Jenetzen sermon Empty Day 3 - Jenetzen sermon

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:37 pm
Franklin is always very inspirational about fasting and the power/hope of fasting (a natural by-product of being with Him, being cleansed, being humbled). This message he is fairly strong, as he mentions, on consecration. And I do want to reconscrate....my heart, attention, time, tastes...to please the Father.

But the part that struck me was "get broken again". To be resensitized to His Presence. Maybe it especially struck me, because I just returned from a 24 hour solo retreat, and struggled a bit to connect with Him in brokenness (compared to normal). Maybe I am partially affected by this cold/flu thing. But, I am asking Him to soften me in the remaining days of this fast. I want to be able to respond to His nudge....
kirstenbuck

Day 3 - Jenetzen sermon Empty Re: Day 3 - Jenetzen sermon

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm
I know that I am affected by physical factors - whether it's a cold/flu, sleep deprivation, really, any physical weakness. It reminds me of a speaker we had in Bible school who said, "You're wondering why your fire went out?! Your fire would be burning bright if you'd just get some sleep!!!" ... and of Corrie Ten Boom, who would always hear from God whether she should help someone who asked, but the last time she had bronchitis, and couldn't sense anything, so she helped someone who betrayed them to the Nazis. It just makes me realize that I really need God, to soften me, and help me to hear... really, I need Him for everything.
Curt Hobbs

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm
Being sick is certainly distracting and I have slept far more than I think I would have had I been feeling normal. But I agree that rest (regular sleep) is spiritual. Just like a regular day of rest (Sunday is NOT that day). So as we are fasting food, I know there have been times when getting up early or staying up late for prayer meetings was also a "sacrifice" and a bit of dying to self. Balance certainly seems to be a theme for me this week.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum