AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

David Wilkerson - Walking in the Spirit Empty David Wilkerson - Walking in the Spirit

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:33 pm
I was impacted by his satement- W"ho are we to think we can do what Jesus could not do- make his own decisions based on his wisdom and knowledge". I do not rely on Him as I should. I want and need to model my life after Jesus who spent extravagant time with his Father in the deserted places early in the morning - even in the midst of a demanding schedule, immense need and lots of travel (which usually throws my schedule of course)

I love how the Lord showed him that walking in the Spirit can be simplified to Just Say Yes. To what he promises and what he says. So I take that to mean then that truly waking in Spirit often requires that we know what the Spirit is saying or has said.
Dalene Good

David Wilkerson - Walking in the Spirit Empty Re: David Wilkerson - Walking in the Spirit

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:21 pm
(It's funny, Mark, how you and I keep echoing similar sentiments)....

Wilkerson's remark about thinking we can live so well without guidance also struck me. If you've ever read Joy Dawson's books, it will challenge you about walking in the Spirit (living according to the HS's guidance). All I know, is that I need to hear Him more. So much more. When I am trying to prep for a family devotion (which never seems as serious as prepping for a sermon). When I don't know how to respond to Emma. And the Father has reminded me again in this fast that hearing takes time, and that I don't leave enough margin so that I have that time. Hearing and obeying will accomplish SO much more than doing.
kirstenbuck

David Wilkerson - Walking in the Spirit Empty Re: David Wilkerson - Walking in the Spirit

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:36 am
To know that it's possible to hear His wisdom and guidance for day-to-day tasks, how to answer someone, how to alter my schedule so that I can have more time with Him - there is such hope in knowing that we can walk that close to Him.
I need to hear from Him how to make more time for Him - isn't that mercy, that He would help me with that?
Dalene Good

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Yes! I feel very challenged to look to the Holy Spirit more in the dailyness of my life. There is so much that I need to hear from Him, and so much wisdom that I desire.....I am hungry for Him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum