AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Curt Hobbs

Curt Hobbs Empty Curt Hobbs

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:18 pm
I'd call this classic Wilkerson. His challenge to walk in the Spirit is still important. I do want to say, "Yes!" God have Your way.

I found his description of walking in the flesh vs. in the Spirit interesting. How much does our own will play a part? If we are desiring to walk in the Spirit and if we are seeking God along the way, will there be times when we do/say things that are really from God, but not a direct inspiration from His Spirit? Maybe I am not yet walking in the kind of dependence on the Spirit or the kind of sensitivity to the Spirit that brings about the depth of walking in the Spirit that he experienced.

One final thought, he made the point that the Holy Spirit is in us. If we are believers, we cannot get away from His Spirit. But I do have control over how much of Him I want in my life. I think that prayer and fasting do increase that desire. Unfortunately, I learn more from my mistakes than my successes. Sometimes those times of failure are really the times of greatest breakthrough. So Yes, Lord help us to walk in Your Spirit!
Laura Van Dolsen

Curt Hobbs Empty Re: Curt Hobbs

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm
Is it possible to be guided by the Spirit in what we say or do without having consciously stopped and asked him before speaking or doing? I think that is along the same lines as what you are asking Curt.

I want to be more aware of the Spirit being in me and consult him in the everyday decisions I make, which sounds like a good definition of walking in the Spirit, but I do feel like there are times when I can look back and see that the Lord  helped me to know what to do or say in a situation even though I didn't consciously look for his guidance in that moment. Is it enough to pray for his guidance in the morning and expect to have the mind of Christ and know his will throughout the day?

Maybe that is just the grace of God when things go well but I must aspire to a closer walk with him, constantly aware of his presence, to truly know and do His will. I do aspire to that and long to hear his voice and practicing spiritual disciplines like fasting are keys to that I'm sure!
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

Curt Hobbs Empty walking in the spirit

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:25 pm
I agree Laura. I want my relationship with the HS and awareness of Him to be so real and natural that I can walk with an awareness and consciousness of Him that it doesn't feel like I am so formally having to consult him, but I can hear His voice or sense what He wants. I also think of how the elders at Jerusalem said about a very momentous and important decision that would affect the spiritual lives and futures of countless future Gentile converts "It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us." Dalene and I can can communicate with just our eyes across a room. I think the ways we can truly be walking with Him and know his direction are both sometimes direct and also subtle. That's a levle to shoot for, I think.
Curt Hobbs

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:02 pm
Yes, Laura, you are close to re-wording my question. I think one of the take-aways this week is that I've depended on the Spirit in me to guide me to people, to do things that were His plan/will. But it fills more like I'm a puppet, just waiting for Him to lead my steps, give me words because He is the Puppeteer. What I sense through these days is the moment by moment seeking, being alert/attentive/aware communication with the Spirit about what I am doing, the people I am talking to or those around me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum