AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Curt Hobbs

Walking in the Spirit by Sara Hobbs Empty Walking in the Spirit by Sara Hobbs

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm
I thought today's reading and lecture gave much more practical and helpful teaching than we've had up until now. I think it's important to remember that the Holy Spirit is not in a hurry, and He doesn't push Himself on us. We have to be the ones actively listening and obeying. The sermon gave some good practical ways to do that by frequently checking in throughout the day with the Spirit. I think that one of the hardest skills to develop is listening. I know it's hard for me to listen to the Spirit, but if I consciously develop that skill (through the disciplines of silence and solitude), I'd be a better listener all around and that can be invaluable to ministry!
edwardbuck

Walking in the Spirit by Sara Hobbs Empty Re: Walking in the Spirit by Sara Hobbs

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 pm
I agree about this last lesson being more practical. It gives some concrete things that we can do to train ourselves to listen to the Spirit. It is good to explain that we need to, and that we should, but giving actual steps such as the word TRUST to help us direct our conversation with Him.
kirstenbuck

Walking in the Spirit by Sara Hobbs Empty Re: Walking in the Spirit by Sara Hobbs

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 pm
I think you're right, Sara - it is important to remember that the Holy Spirit is not in a hurry. And if He isn't in a hurry, I guess I don't need to be in a hurry, either. May God give me - and you, too - the wisdom and the grace to listen and hear what He is saying!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum