AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Curt Hobbs

Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle Empty Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:48 pm
Both of these resources clicked with me today. As a teacher I always like acronyms that help people remember. So today I have gained TRUST and PRAISE. I also liked Woods' 5 points about what the Spirit does -loosely based on Romans 8.

I believe in the Trinity and I would describe myself as mostly Pentecostal. But Bickle's description of how he talks to the Spirit as a light or diamond was something I had never contemplated. I know I interchange God, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Christ in my prayers because they are all one. I usually find it easier to envision Jesus, but growing up in a very windy place, talking with the Wind is not hard for me to imagine. Does talking specifically to the Spirit amplify hearing His voice?
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle Empty Talking to the HS

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:33 pm
I am in the same boat Curt in that I never had a problem at all with talking to the Holy Spirit (unlike some who always wan t to bring up "where do we an example of that in the Bible".) But it has been just that ease of interchange between the three members of the Trinity and their oneness, that has made it easier for me to predominantly pray to the Father in my mind and less often to Jesus directly. But I guess what Wood was trying to emphasize the most for us was the key is "awareness" (via the moondancing bear, which I really wish now I had a chance to see myself!) So, in responding to your question, does speaking directly to the HS increase our ability to hear Him? I guess I would say yes, in theory, only because that proactvie directiveness toward Him definitely automatically increases my awareness from where it is now. I aim to try more and maybe we will see if it does or not.
Warren Van Dolsen

Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle Empty Re: Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:38 pm
Love your definition as "mostly Pentecostal," Curt! Totally get it. I'm Pentecostal, but its not really what you think.

Curt Hobbs

Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle Empty So much more

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:32 pm
Thanks Mark for your input. i know that there is so much more to learn and I have so much more growth ahead of me.

Warren we can talk about mostly over coffee when we're done fasting!
Warren Van Dolsen

Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle Empty Re: Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:00 pm
Love to Curt, and about what you're looking at there in Bosnia as well. Maybe we should meet in Italy, they've got the good coffee.
edwardbuck

Walking in the Spirit 2 -Woods AND Bickle Empty Wish this one were video, too. :)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:36 pm
I found myself wishing there was video along with today's message, especially when he showed the video.  I think I've seen it before a while back (the bear video).

Because I'm a new member I can't post the link, but if you search on YouTube for Moonwalking Bear, you can watch the video that he showed. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum