AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kirstenbuck

Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History Empty Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:33 pm
"But Edwards’s view of God’s freedom and sovereignty did not allow him to predict the scope of the revival, nor the date of its arrival, nor its global extent. Neither did its failure to come in the way he hoped cause him to be disillusioned with God or to grow weary in the cause of Truth."

I really appreciated Edward's view of God's freedom and sovereignty. God does His work differently than what I expect, and sometimes it's hard to understand why, especially in the time immediately following a revival, and especially when disappointment and disillusionment weigh people down. We were at Brownsville (Pensacola revival) from 1999-2006, and many people had expectations (and predictions) of the future of the revival, and some were devastated when what happened didn't line up with their expectations. I imagine it was the same after Azusa street. God knows what He's doing, I guess it's natural for us to want to know what He's doing, too. My kids ask me what I'm doing very frequently.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History Empty revivals

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:26 am
Thanks Kirsten for that very insightful perpective that comes from a true Pensacola revival "insider". It helps give a bit of modern creedence to what Edwards and Piper were saying
Curt Hobbs

Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History Empty Re: Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:24 pm
"My kids ask me what I'm doing very frequently." I laughed at that as I thought about my kids trying to figure why I was doing something. And also because as a child of God, I do ask Him what He's doing -why did You call us to Bosnia?
Dalene Good

Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History Empty Re: Day 3 John Piper Fasting and the Course of History

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:03 pm
(So glad you guys obeyed His call and are willing to be there....)
Curt Hobbs

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:21 pm
Thanks Dalene. I have the word you received at Connect as my bookmark in this book I am reading. We just re-read it last night and prayed in light of the exercises yesterday. It was and is an encouragement that we are where God wants us. So we continue to wait for the direction to do what He wants us to do here.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum