AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://spiritualformation.forumactif.com

Zane Anderson sermon Empty Zane Anderson sermon

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 pm
I think what stuck with me the most is when he said, "Fasting? What are you trying to do, kill me?" "Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do" . Sometimes the blunt is way to shake us out of always putting brakes or limits on the cost of transformation in our lives. That sums up fasting though - it is a dying to our wants, our desires, our demands. I am dominated by my goals for the day, my pursuits in life my dreams, my agenda. I don't die enough. And an extended fast is a great way to send a consistent message to my flesh and ego - you are not the boss. You're supposed to be dead.
kirstenbuck

Zane Anderson sermon Empty Re: Zane Anderson sermon

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 pm
Fasting somehow reveals that what I thought was dead wasn't quite dead after all. I get surprises. I know a pastor who, when on a fast, was driving home from church, and some other driver cut him off, and then slowed down, forcing him to do some fancy driving to evade a crash. He was furious, and started chasing the other driver when the Lord said to him, "What are you going to do if you catch him?" He was broken and repented, and said, ""Lord, I didn't know that was in me." And God replied, "Well, I did, and you were fasting, and so I figured I could talk to you about it."

I can't count how many times I've similar experiences. Dying isn't easy, or quick.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum