AGWM Europe Spiritual Formation Beta Course
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dalene Good

Mike Bickle article Empty Mike Bickle article

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:20 pm
I really liked the article....maybe it was my favorite. (Either that, or my heart finally got reconnected today)

But, the reminder of practicing His Presence, by intentionally looking to Him was great. I felt like God had given me some cues before (when I am in the kitchen or car alone), to be a reminder to acknowledge Him. And I want to re-establish those cues, and add some other intentional ones - otherwise, I tend to meet with Him in the morning, and then live my day - meeting with people and lost in my own thoughts.

And it struck me that "We are to put more focus on walking in the Spirit than in denying sinful desires." Maybe that should be obvious. But, I think I focus more on helping people stop damaging things, than I do on helping them establish the nourishing things that may starve off the damaging things anyways. (Seek Me first and all these things will be added to you)
Warren Van Dolsen

Mike Bickle article Empty Re: Mike Bickle article

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 pm
You're right, its easy to go through a day consumed with busyness and forget to connect with him. An old solution to that is something Laura and I are experimenting with this year. We are trying to use the Daily Offices as markers throughout the day to stop and acknowledge him. We're also enjoying praying some of the traditional prayers that we've never heard but have been around for a long time. We are using "The Divine Hours" by Phyllis Tickle.

BTW, I think this should have been posted on Day 5.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum